Monday, November 30, 2020

NURSE GAIL'S GOT THE SPIRIT

 One of the people that I will miss seeing this holiday season is Nurse Gail. She is one of the best nurses around. Nurse Gail embodies all the qualities that make up a good nurse...

Kindness
Empathy
A calming presence
She's never short-tempered
She treats her residents with dignity and respect
She listens
She cares

Nurse Gail also embodies another important quality:
The spirit of Christmas
She loves making people happy. One way she makes people happy is by dressing up in costumes. If it lights up, blinks, or glitters Gail will be wearing it.

The last Halloween I visited the nursing home Gail wore my two favorite costumes Imagine this. A  happy hippo sporting a pink tutu coming up to you and dancing alongside your powerchair. i laughed for a full five minutes. My other favorite costume of Gail's that Halloween was her pink unicorn costume. She was so cute.

Whenever Sterling or DJ Ron entertained at Happy Hour, Gail would be dancing either by herself or with the residents. Her spirit of fun and enthusiasm was/is infectious. She knows how to party.

The photo in this post was taken at  Mardi Gras 2020. I had no idea it would be the last time I'd visit the nursing home this year. Nurse Gail put those glasses on me. I couldn't see. That was okay.

I am sad that I won't get to see Nurse Gails Christmas costume this year. Whatever it is I know it will full of glitz, glam, and fun.

The spirit of Christmas is joy and love, Nurse Gail's got the spirit. Not only at Christmas, but the whole year through

.








No comments:

Post a Comment