Tuesday, December 1, 2020

OH TIFFANY, OH TIFFANY


Gail, Tiffany, Debbie, and me



"Who let her back in here? We're going to have to put a sign on the door. Joanne's not allowed back in here. She drinks our liquor, (As this photo illustrates I will even try to drink a Margarita made out of cardboard. I have no shame!) eats our food, and uses our scale Why is she allowed back here?"

It was with these loving words that I was greeted by Nurse Tiffany every Friday when I arrived for Happy Hour.

Allow me to explain a few things, to you Tiffany. Do you have a moment?

I came to the nursing home each week to spread joy and happiness as only I can. Can I help it if I was offered a Margarita and snacks?  It would have been rude of me to refuse. I even have my own Margarita glass there. I eat dinner with my friends to get the latest nursing home scoop. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The scale on T-3 and I have an understanding. It knows not to go over 112 lbs. 

If Tiffany did not call me Trouble or give me trouble I would have thought there was something wrong. I looked forward to her good-natured harassment every week. I miss it. 

When I lived in the nursing home I rolled across the hall to ask for her help more times than I can count. Tiffany never made me feel guilty, She never was short-tempered. She just got me the assistance I needed. She helped me even though I was not on her hall.

During this holiday season help someone even if they are not your responsibility. Make someone smile. That's what Nurse Tiffany does every day.












No comments:

Post a Comment